Resources for Unit Reps
Unit Reps serve as liaison between the local Master Gardener Unit and VMGA. To assist the Unit Rep with their duties, VMGA provides various resources.
- Minutes of the Board meeting are emailed by the Secretary to Unit Reps to help them report the business of VMGA back to the local unit.
- The Unit Support Committee posts discussions of issues common to many local units for use by the Unit Reps.
- Unit Reps frequently explain what VMGA does, especially to new Master Gardener training classes. A short slide presentation can be downloaded for this purpose.
- The Unit Rep assists the Membership Committee by promoting membership in VMGA. A Membership Brochure is provided to describe the benefits of membership in the state association.
- Whether it is new memberships or renewals, the Unit Rep ensures that all have access to a Membership Application.
- MG Gear is for sale on this website, and MGs can arrange with their Unit Rep to pick up items at VMGA Board meetings to avoid shipping costs. The Master Gardener Gear Information Flier is provided for use by the Unit Rep.
Materials to promote VMGA education events, Master Gardener College Scholarships and other activities are distributed when timely. Check back here for updates!